Click the logo to go there.
is now on FaceBook!
If you'd like to support RC Soaring Digest, please consider making a donation.
- 2018 Horizon Hobby Aerotow - Text and photo coverage of this annual event by Stephane Ruelle.
- Vintage RC Event -
Antique and vintage free flight models, both fueled and electric, along
with gliders, fly thermal duration tasks with the assistance of radio
control. The meet was held 12-13 May 2018 in Litomyšl, Czech Republic.
Text and photos by Martin Pilný.
- Homage -
Jerry Krainock, holder of numerous AMA records and contributor to the
San Fernando Silent Flyers Anthology, shares his homage to the greats
of free flight.
- The need for speed -
Kevin "Rowdy" Botherway and five others, including Joe Wurts, compete
in a relatively laid back weekend F3b speed practice session.
- Traveling with and charging our radio gear - Domestic and international traveling equipment recommended by Kevin "Rowdy" Botherway.
- ZunZun - A parametric pod design for RC-DLGs - Joaquin
A. Rodriguez Huerta of the Montreal Thermal Soarers details his
computerized model for creating pods with variable dimensions.
- Flutter III - Controlling flutter - An examination of the various methods for inhibiting control surface flutter. By Chuck Anderson.
- Landing on! (Not landing out!) - Chris
Williams relates his adventures with E-Assist soaring on the slope.
Featuring a number of Chris' beautiful RC sailplane photos.
- PSS candidate - Myasishev M-17 Stratosphere - The background for Dr. Paul Clark's model featured in Model Builder magazine, September 1992.
PLUS seven additional items spotlighting exceptional RC sailplanes, FAI record claims...
- Aerotow candidate - Jim Maupin's Carbon Dragon - This
ultralight sailplane with full span flaperons and a unique spoiler
system is begging to be modeled in large scale. Suggested by Kyle
You can download the entire August issue of RC Soaring Digest (106 pages) by following one of these links:
We highly recommend RCSD
PDF files be downloaded to your computer hard drive where they can be
opened with Acrobat Reader 5 or higher. Viewing the PDF within a web
browser via a plug-in is not reliable.
You can be automatically notified when the next issue of RCSD is posted by becoming a member of the RCSoaringDigest group on GROUPS.IO.